I have been away having a great break so there has been nothing new for a while. Here's ten predictions for 2007.
1. Australia wins Cricket World Cup (nothing strange here!). India, Sri Lanka and Pakistan are the main threats.
2. Nadal wins French tennis open (I hope Federer can do it, but I think Nadal is too good on clay).
3. New Zealand wins Rugby World Cup (nothing strange here!). I do think NZ will be too good. I think the surprise will be England if Johnny Wilkinson is on the field. He is a great player and if he is fit will transform England. I do think NZ will be too good this time.
4. Federer wins everything else in tennis of any note!
5. Alonso defends Formula One title.
6. New Zealand regains the America's Cup! The NZ campaign has a great feel to it. The loss of Coutts may be fatal for Alinghi.
7. Tiger Woods wins 2 majors. Ernie Els and Mickleson win the other two.
8. New Zealand win the netball world cup by one goal in a nail biter with the Australians. Then half the NZ team retire!
9. Michelle Wee wins her first golf major and then follows it up with her second.
10. The Crusaders beat the Waratahs to win the Super 14.
What do you think?