It is time to make some changes.
1. Allow the All Blacks to play from anywhere... that is the nature of true professionalism.
2. Open up the Super 14 fanchises to private funding... increase their incomes!
3. Extend the Super 14 into a two round competition, allow the NPC to become an almost amateur feeder system to the Super 14.
4. Dump the Tri-nations on an annual basis, make it bi-annual, go back to tours.
5. Play rugby in the afternoon not the evening.
6. Forget all the rule changes and focus on fixing one thing, the tacked ball area. Spend as much time and money as it takes trying things until the solution is found that stops the killing of the ball, the slowing down of the ball, the mess that is the tackled ball area! This is what is killing rugby.
7. Allow technology where tries are scored including forward passes (Cardiff, bugger) etc (thinking of the Hurricanes the other night!).
8. Black out games in the home area to force people who want to watch it to go e.g. Blues games blacked out in Auckland etc.
This is all far too much common sense though... Nothing will change.
One other idea that may be ridiculous.
1. Base the All Blacks in Europe and play the 6 nations every year...
2. Dump the Tri-Nations completely.
3. Go back to a tour every year with a three test series ... games against provinces, franchises, the Maori's, the Juniors, and three All Black tests!
Nothing will change!