Time to off load a few things:
1. Is Melissa Lee the worst potential major party candidate in terms of foot in mouth disease that you have ever seen? She is astonishing. Her capacity to make a twit of herself leaves me breathless. Any chance national had in that seat have gone up with her hopes of being a long-term MP. Is it just me?
2. What is National doing appointing a woman to the Family's Commission who is on her fourth marriage and the last one shrouded in controversy. Can we separate personal and public lives like this? I don't like judgementalism and Christine Rankin may deserve a break, but surely! Is it just me, but this is a mess.
3. Is the failure of America to vote for Adam Lambert the biggest boil over in Reality TV history? To me it is. While I don't actually love his voice that much or get into his style which at times is OTT, he is by far the best singer to have ever performed on the show. America got this one wrong! Is it just me?
4. Can anyone stop the Bulls winning the Super 14? I can't see it. Is it just me, but aren't the Bulls are really good team. By the way, South Africa could be a massive threat in 2011.
5. Is T20 cricket actually going to become boring. Standing and slogging like that is rather too much. I prefer real cricket. I wonder if T20 will last long term. It is pop cricket without any long term satisfaction. Is it just me, or will people tire of this quickly?
6. I see why it is lethal for North Korea to have a nuclear bomb. I think it is disastrous for the world. But, how is it that US, Russia, UK, France, China, India, Pakistan, Israel can all have them and they decide who else has them? I don't get it. They are thus the police for the world. Why not all get rid of them. Yeah right, no chance! It wouldn't work because in the vacuum would come the next nut job. Interesting. Is it just me, or is the world trapped between two problems; no one should have a nuclear weapon, and if anyone is going to have it, North Korea shouldn't. But on what basis and who decides?
7. What the heck is the Swine Flu thing all about? It is now being labelled a pandemic, yet it seems to be no worse than a normal flu. Is it just me, or has the Media become a terrorist organisation in the sense that, in their zeal to feed us information, they breed fear, with their doom and gloom predictions. I would have thought half of us would be dead if their initial response was accurate. They need to be a lot more sober and measured! Is it just me, or is it a storm in a tea cup?
8. When is it that we move from race based seats in NZ and let democracy take its course, with Maori no longer relying on the sympathy seat and getting there on merit. We had rather a vibrant debate at home last night over this. One daughter was vehemently in support, others were not so sure. When does favouring a race become a way for them to avoid getting in and winning on merit? When will we function as one nation with one set of rules for all. Or is that not possible. I do think we need to raise the oppressed but can this go on indefinitely. I don't have the answer and am torn on this one, but I do think the day must come. Is it just me, or is the time nearly here? Or is it another few years away.
9. Is the mainline church in NZ in huge trouble. Found out yesterday that 46% of NZ Pres churches have no youth! Far out! They have the odd child here and there tagging along with their parent/parents. But, they are in a hole. European NZers don't want to know. Is it just me?
10. Has winter started way early this year? For the last few years the cold stuff has hit in June, yet May has been freakishly cold. Is it just me?
That's enough. Is it just me?